Hello, hello, my friends! Okay, so we’re going to get back to talking about food today, because I took a little diversion with yesterday’s post. In light of that, I’m keeping it short and sweet with my usual “What I Ate Wednesday” recap.
A fun evening of live music before our trip begins
This evening, Dave and I are heading to a concert at a vineyard in Livermore as a very belated anniversary celebration, and then we’ll be up tomorrow by 4 a.m. to get to the airport for our flight to Maui. Even though I’m excited to explore Hawaii for the first time, I’m already getting upset about saying goodbye to our little Rudy pup. Luckily enough, we have a very trustworthy dog-loving friend to care of him, but I’m still sad to leave him behind for a few days. Let’s hope I can keep it together. Now, it’s time to get to the food …
This week’s “What I Ate Wednesday” recap
As a reminder, the point of these weekly food diary posts is nothing more than a chance to see real food in action, so I hope you enjoy them. But remember, what I eat works for me, and it may not work for you. I have no allergies, no dietary restrictions, and I don’t rule out avoid any food groups, so you’ll see a little bit of everything. That’s how I like it.
Today, I’m sharing everything that I ate on Sunday, which just so happens to be the day-of-the-week I profiled last week as well. This was a rest day for me without exercise, and it featured some good food, prepared both at home and eaten out at a restaurant. Here’s how it all went down …
Breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
The only downfall of having a green smoothie-bowl for breakfast is the fact that I have to fight with my Nutribullet. That thing is the worst. Dave thinks I put too much in it each time for it to work properly, but I think it’s just a problem-blender. Back to the smoothie-bowl … this one includes frozen spinach, frozen blueberries, a date, soy milk, chia seeds and vegan protein powder. Not too shabby! I enjoyed it with some hot green tea, sweetened with stevia and soy milk.
Lunch at 12:30 p.m.
Dave and I had plans to do a little shopping in downtown Walnut Creek, so we hit up Lettuce for lunch. It was our first visit to this healthy day-time eatery, and we were pleasantly surprised. I selected the smoked salmon salad, with tomato, capers, red onions, asparagus, butter lettuce and tons of dill vinaigrette dressing. It was seriously delicious, and I finished every last bite. We sat outside and enjoyed the nice weather, which made this dining experience “lunch perfection.”
Afternoon snack at 5 p.m.
Continuing on with my recent apple kick, shown here is a sliced-up organic Fuji apple and some almond butter. I dipped these little beauties into the nut butter and also enjoyed a mug of decaf green tea, sweetened with stevia and soy milk.
Dinner at 8 p.m.
Eating salmon for lunch and dinner? How did I get so lucky on this fine Sunday of eating? If it wasn’t so expensive, I’d eat this every day. To get this meal, we stopped at Lunardi’s Market for some fresh fish and steak on the way home from shopping, and here are the fruits of our labor. Dave grilled this piece of salmon perfectly, and it was super thick. I roasted the broccoli in the oven with coconut oil, as I usually do. For some reason this meal looks small in the picture (a terrible picture, which I’m sorry about), but it was quite filling. And that glass of cold Chardonnay? It was one-of-two for the night, because Sundays need wine!
Dessert at 9 p.m.
Sadly, this was my last high-protein ProYo frozen yogurt bar. These things are hard to find in stores, so I’m hoping I come across them again. I enjoyed this tasty vanilla bean bar with a few coconut-covered and caramel-covered dates, alongside a mug of heated up soy milk. Dave and I are totally obsessed with these dates and go through two cartons-a-week. I wonder if we’ll ever get sick of them? Probably not!
That was all she wrote for eating, and I’d say it was a good day of meals. And that also concludes what I’ve got for you today, but I do have some posts prepared to go live over the next few days, so be sure to check back soon. (Follow me on Instagram if you want to keep track of my Hawaiian adventures!)
Read more daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
- Food pictures from a light and healthy day
- Life lately and a look at all of my meals
- What’s normal to you? (And my daily eats)
- A bit of chatter and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- How you eat beets and a look at a day of food
- What I ate yesterday in the Sunshine State
- A full day of lazy eating from the weekend
- Every thing I ate yesterday in pictures
- BlogFest 2015 and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Why I refuel after a workout and my daily eats
- Random life updates and a look at my food
- Travel plans and everything I ate yesterday
- My daily eats and heading off on an adventure
- All of my meals from a healthy weekday
- Just a little chatting and some food pictures
- Plenty of colorful food on a healthy weekday
- Because we all like to look at pictures of food
- My mostly healthy meals on a weekend day
Questions of the day
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately?
How’s your week going?