Greetings, my friends. Here we are again in the middle of the week. Let’s talk about a few random tidbits and then get to the food.
- Yesterday, I took my little Rudy to the groomer for his first puppy appointment, and he is currently extra white and fluffy. He wasn’t able to get a full trim on his coat because the appointment was taking so long, but he got a nice bath and some various puppy maintenance. Too cute.
- Yesterday, I had lunch with some of my fellow trainers from Orangetheory, and we ate at Tender Greens in downtown Walnut Creek, which always offers a delicious meal. We were there for two full hours chatting away, until I got the call that Rudy was ready to be picked up from the groomer. When you work at a small studio gym, sometimes you only see your fellow trainers in passing, so it was nice to have a little sit-down outside of that environment with them all.
- Yesterday, I subbed an extra BODYPUMP class in the evening. I’m still teaching the latest release, and for those of you who have asked, a full review of that will be heading your way soon, as well as a review of the latest BODYATTACK release.
- And yesterday, I bombarded you with a long and detailed post, so today is going to be much shorter. But just so you know, I was so happy to see some of your responses to my nutrition tips straight from the experts. It seems like many of you like to learn about food just about as much as you like to look at pictures of it, and I really enjoyed the comments and opinions from those of you who are in the field.
- Congratulations to the winners of my Les Mills Good Protein powder giveaway from last week, Farrah and Amy. Out of all the entrants, both of the winners this time have blogs of their own, which is pretty cool. Speaking of giveaways, I’ve got another one going on right now.
Let’s move on to the real reason you came to visit the ol’ blog today …
This week’s “What I Ate Wednesday” recap
Each week, I recap a full day of my eating, complete with real pictures of all my food. These posts are simply a chance to give you some insight into what actual meals look like from someone who tries to be healthy. I don’t have a perfect diet at all, but I try to get in plenty of nutrients and some of the fun stuff too. And yes, weekdays are certainly better than the weekends. And you’ll see a lot of repeated foods from week to week.
Today, I’m sharing everything I ate on Monday. I was able to make and eat all of my food at home in between teaching classes at different gyms, which is not something I’ve always been able to do, so I sure appreciate it.
Breakfast at 8 a.m.
Back into the overnight oats thing lately, I prepared a few batches of these puppies (minus the coconut) over the weekend and have been enjoying them each morning for breakfast. No need to cook, I just pull them right out of the fridge and top with a banana after I wake up. As always, these oats were consumed alongside a mug of hot green tea, sweetened with stevia and vanilla almond milk.
Lunch at 1 p.m.
It may not look like much, but this green smoothie bowl includes half of a frozen banana, frozen spinach, frozen blueberries, frozen mangoes, veggie powder, vegan vanilla protein powder, ice cubes and a little bit of almond milk, blended into perfection. I typically like to keep my smoothies as thick as possible, and this one was almost liquid enough to be sipped. I still used the spoon though.
Afternoon snack at 5 p.m.
When the afternoon rolled around, it was time for my second helping of hot green tea for the day, as well as a snack bar. ZONE bars used to be my jam, but I hadn’t bought them in a while. This wasn’t my favorite flavor and consistency, but it gave me plenty of fuel to teach BODYATTACK that night, and it was better than some of the other ones I’ve had before.
Post-workout at 7:30 p.m.
I had this little beauty slightly frozen and waiting for me after I got home from class. I chugged it while standing in the kitchen and squeezing on Rudy. I was only gone for about an hour-and-a-half to teach BODYATTACK at a gym near my house, but it was like he hadn’t seen me in ages when I walked in the door. That will never get old.
Dinner at 9 p.m.
I swear we eat later and later and later. Yes, we didn’t finish dinner until 9:30 p.m. What a day. I had things to do after my class, and Dave was finishing up some emails after he got home, so dinner was pushed off until we were ready. Shown above is a grilled turkey burger, on top of a whole wheat thin bun, with avocado, tomato and salsa. We also had a pre-packaged kale and brussels sprouts salad on the side, topped with not one, but two kinds of dressing.
After dinner, I took a few chugs of vanilla almond milk straight from the carton, as I always do, and that was it. Mondays seem to be my lightest day of eating each week, and this one certainly was with a morning snack missing. But all of the things I did have were just delicious, so we’ll call it a good one.
This is like most Wednesdays around here, I’m working at home, teaching a lunch-time BODYATTACK class and then coaching a couple of classes at Orangetheory Fitness tonight. I hope your day is lovely, and I’ll see you back here tomorrow!
Enter to win at-home workouts and cooking classes
There’s still time to enter to win a full year of premium membership to the Grokker streaming service, which is an awesome website offering you thousands of workout videos, cooking demonstrations, yoga tutorials and more. Enter today and share with your friends!
Read more daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
- Food pictures from a light and healthy day
- Life lately and a look at all of my meals
- What’s normal to you? (And my daily eats)
- A bit of chatter and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- How you eat beets and a look at a day of food
- What I ate yesterday in the Sunshine State
- A full day of lazy eating from the weekend
- Every thing I ate yesterday in pictures
- BlogFest 2015 and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Why I refuel after a workout and my daily eats
- Random life updates and a look at my food
- Travel plans and everything I ate yesterday
- My daily eats and heading off on an adventure
- All of my meals from a healthy weekday
Questions of the day
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately?
If you have a dog, how often do you take him/her to the groomer or bathe him/her at home?
What is one food that you can’t get enough of?