Happy Wednesday! First of all, I’d like to send a lot of love to all of my fellow pet-fanatics out there. Thank you for your sweet comments on my post about Rudy yesterday. I think it’s clear that many of us are big fans of our furry friends.
Early this afternoon, I’m heading to the airport to fly to Los Angeles for a four-day adventure attending IDEA BlogFest and IDEA World Fitness Convention. The first two days will feature healthy-living blogger lectures and sessions, and the second two days will include time wandering and interacting on the exhibit floor at one of the biggest fitness industry conventions of the year at the LA Convention Center. Bloggers, fitness and free stuff? As you can imagine, I can hardly contain my excitement to be around all of my favorite things.
But today, it’s all about what I’ve been eating lately …
This week’s “What I Ate Wednesday” recap
Every single week, I recap a full day of my eating, complete with real pictures on Wednesdays. These “What I Ate Wednesday” posts are simply a chance to give you some insight into what actual meals look like from someone who tries to be fairly healthy. I definitely don’t have a perfect diet, in fact, far from it. But I do my best to get in plenty of nutrients and some of the good stuff too.
Today, I’m sharing everything I ate this past Sunday. While Sunday is normally a rest day for me, I was fairly active while practicing and learning the latest BODYATTACK group fitness release at home, yet I never left my house. All meals were prepared at home, and they looked like this …
Breakfast at 8 a.m.
First meal of the day: Cottage cheese, organic trail mix and a sliced-up banana. Now that makes a tasty breakfast. I enjoyed this parfait alongside a mug of hot green tea, sweetened with stevia and vanilla soy milk. Don’t you just love my new wooden bowl?
Lunch at 12 p.m.
Green goodness: The question is not, what’s in my smoothie bowl. The question is, what’s NOT in my smoothie bowl. This one consists of half of a frozen banana, frozen collard greens, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, veggie powder, vanilla vegan protein powder, vanilla soy milk and ice cubes. Yum central. Oh, and hi Rudy! Somebody loves to help when I take food pictures.
Afternoon snack at 5 p.m.
Feeling snacky: In the middle of the afternoon, I had a second mug of hot green tea, a raw fruit sports drink, tons of water as well as this Go Raw sprouted bar. I got the Go Raw bar in a swag bag at the VINT fitness blogger brunch I attended this past weekend, and I wasn’t really a fan of it. Not a lot of flavor and a weird leathery texture. Nonetheless, it held me over until dinner, and I always enjoy trying new healthy products.
Dinner at 8:30 p.m.
Grilled to please: This was an incredibly delicious meal prepared on the grill by Dave. My plate featured a huge helping of Alaskan salmon (with the crunchy skin on the bottom), grilled asparagus and a salad topped with balsamic dressing. This meal was complemented with one (okay, it was more like two) very large glasses of cold Sauvignon Blanc. We like to have a nice dinner at home on Sundays, and this one did not disappoint. Wine, candle, paper towels as napkins and all. Keeping it classy, folks.
Dessert at 9 p.m.
A sweet spread: Many times, I put a few things together to make a sweet-ending, if I don’t have an official “dessert” on hand. Shown above we have a big dark chocolate bar, some vanilla soy milk, two coconut-covered dates, two almond- and caramel-covered dates and a few yogurt-covered strawberries. True story: I ended up breaking the bar into squares and putting all of this into a bowl, adding some chocolate sauce on top and eating it with a fork. It certainly satisfied my sweet tooth, and was totally fun to taste each different bite, but perhaps not the most photogenic display.
There you have it! A full day of eating recapped in pictures. Some healthy and some fun.
No work for me today, because all I have on the agenda is a workout at home, finishing touches on my packing and flying to Los Angeles! I’ll still be blogging over the next two days of the week, so check back for more tomorrow and Friday. And of course, follow my Instagram for pictures and updates from my trip. Have a good one, my friends!
Read more daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
- Food pictures from a light and healthy day
- Life lately and a look at all of my meals
- What’s normal to you? (And my daily eats)
- A bit of chatter and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- How you eat beets and a look at a day of food
- What I ate yesterday in the Sunshine State
- A full day of lazy eating from the weekend
- Every thing I ate yesterday in pictures
- BlogFest 2015 and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Why I refuel after a workout and my daily eats
- Random life updates and a look at my food
- Travel plans and everything I ate yesterday
Questions of the day
How’s your week going so far?
What have you been eating a lot of lately?