Hey friends! How’s your Thursday going? Today I was able to try out my very first outdoor bootcamp class during lunch at a park in front of the gorgeous Bay, and I’m looking forward to sharing that experience soon.
But I’m back for something fun. Believe it or not, after months of blogging, I’ve never actually posted or responded to a blog survey, so I felt it was about time to do an “interview” style post with a few facts about me. US Weekly features a “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” column of celebrities in every issue, and a couple months ago Tina, a blogger who I read regularly, posted something similar. I didn’t want to follow exactly what had been done before, so here’s my take …
25 Things You (Most Likely) Don’t Know About Me
- My favorite color is cream. Not beige, not white, but cream.
- I studied abroad in Florence, Italy in college.
- I took the Amtrak train all the way from Orlando to New York City on a high school trip.
- I didn’t see real snow until the age of 28.
- I can drive a stick shift. My Dad taught me how in a convertible Mustang when I was 16.
- My hair is naturally very curly, and I get a keratin treatment to smooth it out.
- I’m 5’7 and 3/4″, but if you ask me, I say 5’8″.
- I didn’t like or eat any food with nuts in it until I was 27. Now I can’t get enough nuts.
- My first major in college was broadcast journalism, but my mentor told me I would need to change my last name and my hair to succeed in that field. I switched to public relations shortly thereafter.
- I grew up in the same house in Southwest Florida from the age of four all the way through my second year in college.
- I have a lot of pet peeves, including when people misuse words or have poor grammar.
- My dream job would be to host a travel entertainment show.
- I gained the freshman 20 when I went off college, and it took me a long time to lose it.
- I played the flute and the piccolo in the band for my first two years of high school, and I was pretty darn good. I wish I hadn’t quit. (You were right, Dad!)
- Even though I’m in the fitness industry, I have a major sweet tooth that I fight to keep under control. Cream cheese frosting is my weakness.
- My first real job after college was in the communications department at Walt Disney World, and I had to wear pantyhose every day to be in the “Disney Look.”
- If I had to choose one meal to have every day for the rest of my life, it would probably be sushi. With some hot sake of course.
- I have zero food allergies or restrictions and will try just about anything.
- My best friend and I watched the entire four-year series of the show Felicity in about three weeks during our senior year of college. We went out five nights a week and both graduated summa cum laude from University of Florida. We were champs.
- I’ve always wanted to know how to do some of the complicated country line dances and absolutely love going to country bars. It’s been too long! I wonder if there are any good spots in San Francisco to do so?
- My happy place is a breezy beach, with a cocktail in-hand and my family around.
- I’m a Christmas baby, born two days before Christmas, and my Mom and husband are very good about wrapping my birthday presents in non-Christmas paper to please me.
- I’m obsessively neat. I cannot walk out of the apartment without closing every drawer and fluffing the pillows on the couch.
- The next vacation I want to take is to Hawaii. I’ve never been.
- I’m super passionate about a few things in life: good food, group fitness, blogging and my favorite people. Everything else is just extra.
There you have it. A fun list of facts for your Thursday afternoon.
Questions of the day
Now it’s your turn: What’s something that most people wouldn’t know about you? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know if you like these kinds of lists, and I’ll do more of them in the future.