A few good links that I enjoyed reading
Hello to you, my friends! I hope your week is going well. I should be waking up back in California today after a wonderful Hawaiian vacation, which I’ll tell you about soon. But today, it’s all about sharing some unrelated good content from around the Interwebs.
As you can imagine, I spend a lot of time reading articles and blog posts each week. While I like to start my day with some news from the SFGate website, I always move on to other sites throughout the day and love it when I come across interesting stuff, which teaches me something new.
Here are a few recent good reads worth sharing …
- The Avocado Recipe Everyone’s Pinning Like Crazy via Self. I must admit, I have never cooked or eaten an avocado in this way and that needs to change immediately. These pictures and descriptions make my mouth water!
- The Science Behind Why Traveling Makes You Healthier via POPSUGAR. Amen to this! I wish I traveled more than I do, and I’m happy to report my trip to Hawaii should be a bolster to my health. Dave’s too!
- Whole Foods vs. Trader Joe’s: A Price Comparison of Popular Grocery Items via SFGate. I love reading things like this. So yes, Whole Foods is more expensive, but believe it or not, both stores charge the same for generic almond butter.
- Make Money Blogging: Self-Review Your Blog so it Will Shine via Coach Debbie Runs. So much good information about making sure your blog is user-friendly and professional. How am I doing on this one?
- What Do We Mean by Yoga Practice by Running with the Sunrise. I’m always “practicing” yoga, and some days are better than others. I love the reason we refer to it in this way. And yes, this post is written by a real yoga teacher, whom I had the pleasure of meeting at BlogFest in LA this year.
- Phrases You Will Never Hear a San Francisco Resident Say via SFGate. I always have a hard time telling my friends and family from the East Coast, that you just aren’t supposed to refer to San Francisco as “San Fran.” That’s something Dave and I learned from a local before we moved here, so we never had to make that mistake in person. This is a round-up of other fun terms you don’t hear in the Bay Area. Totally entertaining!
- Make Your Bed, Change Your Life via Huffington Post. I mean, you’re preaching to the choir with this one. I cannot leave the house without a made bed and fluffed pillows, and this article explains why that’s the right thing to do. Bed-makers, unite!
And the list could go on, but I think that’ll keep you busy for today!Check out this round-up of interesting reads in one place ... #blogging #reading #linklove Click To Tweet
Questions of the day
What’s something good you’ve read lately? Share the link below!
What’s your favorite website for interesting posts and stories?
Bed-makers unite, totally! I am like you, can not leave the house without making my bed! I need to check out this avocado recipe too! It sounds intriguing!
Hi Krissy! Bed making is ESSENTIAL to a good day. 🙂 Hope all is well, lady!
These are awesome! I have a new sense of motivation to actually make my bed. And the Whole Foods vs. Trader Joe’s article wasn’t super surprising but it was still interesting!
Hi Liz! That’s how I felt about the article too, but good to know the nut butters are fairly equal! Happy Wednesday to you! 🙂
Thanks for sharing these!
If I ever start the blog I’ve been meaning to for over a year, your website will be the FIRST on my list of recommended reads.
You need to get that blog up-and-running, Courtney! I want to read it!! 🙂 Hope all is well, lady! Happy Wednesday!
Fab round-up of links, thanks for sharing these!
You’re welcome, Bri! Happy Wednesday to you! 🙂
I’m a must make my bed before I leave the house girl, too. Great round up of links. Ahhh, enjoy the rest of the vaca, even if it’s just for the morning. I’m excited to see pics!
Hi Heather! Vacay is over, sadly. It went by way too fast!! 🙁 Hope all is well! Happy Wednesday!
Welcome back Ashley! Can’t wait to hear all about your Hawaiian vacay!! Wow that avo recipe post is insane, I can see myself being impartial to the goat cheese version. I’ve tried the egg one and found it a little bland! And “meet you for lunch at pier 39?” Neverrrrrrr haha. I tell all tourist friends to avoid it, but they always end up there. Safe travels back!!
Hi Jill! I know, I know, Fisherman’s Wharf is not exactly a locals spot … 🙂 Hope all is well, lady! Happy Wednesday!
YES to making the bed and yay for traveling! Can’t wait to hear more about your trip 🙂
Hi Jessie! It was awesome! I didn’t make the bed in Hawaii of course heehe! 🙂 I’ll share more soon!
I usually check Huffington Post or the Daily Beast for my daily news / interesting articles. And I’m really glad to learn I’m not the only one who HAS TO MAKE THE BED before I can get on with my day. And if I’m in a rush I have to make my bed first thing when I get home. I simply cannot get back into an unmade bed 🙂
Hi Jamie! I’m with you there! A made bed is a MUST! Happy Wednesday to you, lady! 🙂
Well, I love the avocado post – seeing as how I eat 1 every day 🙂 I am also a bed maker and my kids aren’t and they drive me NUTS! I enjoy reading LAQFitness’ blog and I just read this post and loved it. I agree with everything she says! She was my trainer for BODYCOMBAT and she is awesome. http://laqfitness.com/how-to-handle-setbacks-in-the-fat-loss-lifestyle/ She also has really great recipes on her site.
Thanks for the suggestion, Melissa – I will check that blog out — I love to read other instructor’s tips on fitness and life!! 🙂
Ok, I’ve done egg in an avocado but not with salmon! That sounds amazing.
And the bed making… Vegas does it every day. I don’t see the point – I’m just going to crawl back in it! 🙂
I bet Vegas is an organized go-getter then! Bed-making is important eheheh 🙂
Errrrr… more like she was in the Navy. LOL! Kidding… she’s the best. 🙂
We are a bed making family over here. Great links! I can’t wait to hear all about your vacation!
A bed-making family is a good one! Keep it up, Heather! 🙂