Hello to you, my friends! I hope your week is going well. I should be waking up back in California today after a wonderful Hawaiian vacation, which I’ll tell you about soon. But today, it’s all about sharing some unrelated good content from around the Interwebs.
As you can imagine, I spend a lot of time reading articles and blog posts each week. While I like to start my day with some news from the SFGate website, I always move on to other sites throughout the day and love it when I come across interesting stuff, which teaches me something new.
Here are a few recent good reads worth sharing …
- The Avocado Recipe Everyone’s Pinning Like Crazy via Self. I must admit, I have never cooked or eaten an avocado in this way and that needs to change immediately. These pictures and descriptions make my mouth water!
- The Science Behind Why Traveling Makes You Healthier via POPSUGAR. Amen to this! I wish I traveled more than I do, and I’m happy to report my trip to Hawaii should be a bolster to my health. Dave’s too!
- Whole Foods vs. Trader Joe’s: A Price Comparison of Popular Grocery Items via SFGate. I love reading things like this. So yes, Whole Foods is more expensive, but believe it or not, both stores charge the same for generic almond butter.
- Make Money Blogging: Self-Review Your Blog so it Will Shine via Coach Debbie Runs. So much good information about making sure your blog is user-friendly and professional. How am I doing on this one?
- What Do We Mean by Yoga Practice by Running with the Sunrise. I’m always “practicing” yoga, and some days are better than others. I love the reason we refer to it in this way. And yes, this post is written by a real yoga teacher, whom I had the pleasure of meeting at BlogFest in LA this year.
- Phrases You Will Never Hear a San Francisco Resident Say via SFGate. I always have a hard time telling my friends and family from the East Coast, that you just aren’t supposed to refer to San Francisco as “San Fran.” That’s something Dave and I learned from a local before we moved here, so we never had to make that mistake in person. This is a round-up of other fun terms you don’t hear in the Bay Area. Totally entertaining!
- Make Your Bed, Change Your Life via Huffington Post. I mean, you’re preaching to the choir with this one. I cannot leave the house without a made bed and fluffed pillows, and this article explains why that’s the right thing to do. Bed-makers, unite!
And the list could go on, but I think that’ll keep you busy for today!Check out this round-up of interesting reads in one place ... #blogging #reading #linklove Click To Tweet
Questions of the day
What’s something good you’ve read lately? Share the link below!
What’s your favorite website for interesting posts and stories?