Greetings, my friends! And here we are at the end of another year. I hope that 2015 has been good to you, and if it hasn’t, let’s hope that 2016 will bring you good fortune in ways you’re not even expecting.
This past year has been a big one for me — with significant changes in my life. Most of which was moving out of my beloved Nob Hill apartment in San Francisco to a more suburban area called Walnut Creek. That also meant moving into a much bigger place and beginning to enjoy a lot more creature comforts than I was used to in the City and thankfully having the space and ability to get a puppy. Following up on the move, I got a car for the first time in nearly three years and began soaking up life in the ‘burbs with some great friends nearby. I also started a new teaching job, took on new writing assignments, grew the blog, traveled and much more.
And I must say that while there are a lot of reasons to start a blog, one of the big ones would be the fact that if you talk about your life online in posts, it’s really easy to go back and look at all that happened. Especially when you want to reflect at the end of the year like I do right now …
A look at everything that happened in 2015
In life …
- Took a fun day-trip to wine country for VIP experiences with Dave
- Moved out of the City to a townhouse in Walnut Creek
- Finally got my own car to get around in
- Began exploring the East Bay with Dave on Valentine’s Day
- Saw great concerts, like Kenny Chesney, Garth Brooks and more
- Hosted an amazing housewarming party with tons of friends
- Celebrated three years of marriage with Dave
- Brought home our sweet little maltipoo puppy Rudy
- Hosted a Fourth of July and Labor Day party with friends
- Celebrated the Golden State Warriors NBA Championship win
- Enjoyed four holiday parties in the East Bay with friends and work
In travel …
- Traveled to Key West for a bachelorette party
- Traveled to Florida for a Big Greek wedding on Memorial Day
- Traveled to L.A. for the IDEA BlogFest World Fitness Convention
- Took a fun weekend trip to San Diego to see Dave’s family
- Road-tripped to a beautiful wedding in Monterey
- Took an incredible 5-day trip to Maui with Dave
- Made a surprise weekend trip to Columbus to visit friends
- Spent two weeks in Florida with family and friends for Thanksgiving
- Traveled to L.A. for fabulous birthday surprise activities
- Spent a relaxing weekend in San Diego for Christmas
In fitness …
- Landed a coaching role at a brand new Orangetheory Fitness
- Attended a fun day of group fitness classes at the Les Mills Super Q
- Prepared, learned and debuted BODYATTACK 87, 88, 89 and 90 and BODYPUMP 92, 93, 94 and 95 in my group fitness classes
- Was selected as a Fabletics Master and hosted a Fabletics event
- Posted my regular weekly workout recaps and at-home workouts
- Did yoga once a week and discovered a great local studio
- Shared my story on how I started working in the fitness industry
In blogging …
- Published 258 posts, going live Monday through Friday each week
- Wrote several healthy-living pieces for the Wine Sisterhood blog
- Shared my story on how I turned my blog into a business
- Spoke about writing to a group of bloggers at IDEA BlogFest in L.A.
- Debuted a refreshed blog design and functionality
- Conducted a survey all of my lovely readers and gained great insight
- Hosted the first annual Bay Area Blogger Meet and Sweat event
- Served as a Ricola Ambassador, writing monthly posts
- Served as a Naked Juice Ambassador, writing monthly posts
- Worked on awesome campaigns with Blue Apron, Sunwarrior, Vitamin Shoppe, PUMA and many more great brands
- Wrote several fitness and lifestyle posts for the MyFitnessPal blog
- Watched some of my top posts gain major traction online
- Continued to enjoy interacting and connecting with all of you
This has been a big year, including changes on the professional front, the growth of A Lady Goes West and my freelance writing, as well as a lot of fun times traveling and making great memories with friends and family. Perhaps the best thing about this year? One small white puppy, who has absolutely changed my world.
There have certainly been difficult things this year that haven’t always made the blog, but overall, I’d say I learned a ton in 2015 and sure hope to put it all to use in 2016.
I have nothing but good hopes for the new year and all that’s to come. I hope you do too, my friends. Here’s to you!Looking back at all of the fun of #2015. Take a walk down memory lane ... Click To Tweet
Questions of the day
What’s the most memorable event from your 2015?
What’s something you accomplished this year?
What are you most looking forward to in 2016?