A look at life and blogging in 2015
Greetings, my friends! And here we are at the end of another year. I hope that 2015 has been good to you, and if it hasn’t, let’s hope that 2016 will bring you good fortune in ways you’re not even expecting.
This past year has been a big one for me — with significant changes in my life. Most of which was moving out of my beloved Nob Hill apartment in San Francisco to a more suburban area called Walnut Creek. That also meant moving into a much bigger place and beginning to enjoy a lot more creature comforts than I was used to in the City and thankfully having the space and ability to get a puppy. Following up on the move, I got a car for the first time in nearly three years and began soaking up life in the ‘burbs with some great friends nearby. I also started a new teaching job, took on new writing assignments, grew the blog, traveled and much more.
And I must say that while there are a lot of reasons to start a blog, one of the big ones would be the fact that if you talk about your life online in posts, it’s really easy to go back and look at all that happened. Especially when you want to reflect at the end of the year like I do right now …
A look at everything that happened in 2015
In life …
- Took a fun day-trip to wine country for VIP experiences with Dave
- Moved out of the City to a townhouse in Walnut Creek
- Finally got my own car to get around in
- Began exploring the East Bay with Dave on Valentine’s Day
- Saw great concerts, like Kenny Chesney, Garth Brooks and more
- Hosted an amazing housewarming party with tons of friends
- Celebrated three years of marriage with Dave
- Brought home our sweet little maltipoo puppy Rudy
- Hosted a Fourth of July and Labor Day party with friends
- Celebrated the Golden State Warriors NBA Championship win
- Enjoyed four holiday parties in the East Bay with friends and work
In travel …
- Traveled to Key West for a bachelorette party
- Traveled to Florida for a Big Greek wedding on Memorial Day
- Traveled to L.A. for the IDEA BlogFest World Fitness Convention
- Took a fun weekend trip to San Diego to see Dave’s family
- Road-tripped to a beautiful wedding in Monterey
- Took an incredible 5-day trip to Maui with Dave
- Made a surprise weekend trip to Columbus to visit friends
- Spent two weeks in Florida with family and friends for Thanksgiving
- Traveled to L.A. for fabulous birthday surprise activities
- Spent a relaxing weekend in San Diego for Christmas
In fitness …
- Landed a coaching role at a brand new Orangetheory Fitness
- Attended a fun day of group fitness classes at the Les Mills Super Q
- Prepared, learned and debuted BODYATTACK 87, 88, 89 and 90 and BODYPUMP 92, 93, 94 and 95 in my group fitness classes
- Was selected as a Fabletics Master and hosted a Fabletics event
- Posted my regular weekly workout recaps and at-home workouts
- Did yoga once a week and discovered a great local studio
- Shared my story on how I started working in the fitness industry
In blogging …
- Published 258 posts, going live Monday through Friday each week
- Wrote several healthy-living pieces for the Wine Sisterhood blog
- Shared my story on how I turned my blog into a business
- Spoke about writing to a group of bloggers at IDEA BlogFest in L.A.
- Debuted a refreshed blog design and functionality
- Conducted a survey all of my lovely readers and gained great insight
- Hosted the first annual Bay Area Blogger Meet and Sweat event
- Served as a Ricola Ambassador, writing monthly posts
- Served as a Naked Juice Ambassador, writing monthly posts
- Worked on awesome campaigns with Blue Apron, Sunwarrior, Vitamin Shoppe, PUMA and many more great brands
- Wrote several fitness and lifestyle posts for the MyFitnessPal blog
- Watched some of my top posts gain major traction online
- Continued to enjoy interacting and connecting with all of you
This has been a big year, including changes on the professional front, the growth of A Lady Goes West and my freelance writing, as well as a lot of fun times traveling and making great memories with friends and family. Perhaps the best thing about this year? One small white puppy, who has absolutely changed my world.
There have certainly been difficult things this year that haven’t always made the blog, but overall, I’d say I learned a ton in 2015 and sure hope to put it all to use in 2016.
I have nothing but good hopes for the new year and all that’s to come. I hope you do too, my friends. Here’s to you!Looking back at all of the fun of #2015. Take a walk down memory lane ... Click To Tweet
Questions of the day
What’s the most memorable event from your 2015?
What’s something you accomplished this year?
What are you most looking forward to in 2016?
So glad that we got to connect and meet this year, Ashley. Happy Happy New Year and I can’t wait to see what 2016 brings for you!
Me too, Susie!! I SO enjoy knowing you and following your life, lady! 🙂 Happy NYE!
I am just so excited to see where life takes me next, it can definitely be crazy!
Sure can, Hilary! With your move and all!! Keep up the great work. 🙂
I can’t wait to meet you at IDEA this year since I couldn’t go last year! Honestly, I’m just thankful this year is over with and I no longer have to deal with crutches. Hopefully, 2016 will be an injury-free year.
I know, I was so sad to find out you weren’t coming! Here’s to a HEALTHY 2016, Megan! 🙂
What an amazing year you’ve had and I’m so glad I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago! You are such a positive light and I love following along in your journey 🙂 I hope that 2016 has even more amazing things in store for ya…Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve!!
I’m so glad we’ve connected too, my friend!! And I look forward to following along on your year as well. Happy NYE to you too!! 🙂
holy crap lady! 2015 has been a big year!! can you move to ohio and be my trainer please? <3 i love OTF so congrats!! but in all seriousness, you've accomplished a HECK OF A LOT and i cant wait to read more!!
i'm definitely hoping to get a bit more serious, formal, and organized with my blog in 2016, and continue making fitness gains.. some personal goals there haha.
Hi Lady! I’m always looking to improve too, so it’s good to have that in mind. Move to the Bay, and I’ll train you!! hehhee And thanks so much for saying hi! Happy NYE, lady! 🙂
I agree about having the blog as a place to look back on. Without my blog, I would have forgotten so many of the amazing things that I did this year.
No kidding, Jen! heheh! Amazing how we can write about it and still forget! I enjoyed putting together this recap because of that. 🙂 Happy NYE!
your travels from this past year look like a blast! I live on the East coast and haven’t been to the West yet except for a few travels back in college for track meets; LA looks amazing ,and I totally want to go on a studio tour of the Warner Brothers studio some day. Also, your dog is the cutest! Happy New Year! 🙂
Hi Alyssa! The West Coast is very different from the East in many ways, so I hope you get to explore it one day! Happy NYE to you, lady! 🙂
Oh wow have you been busy!! I don’t know how you do it all 🙂 Keep up the great work, looking forward to following along your blog and fitness journey in 2016!!
Ohhh thanks so much, Sarah!! Hope you have an awesome NYE! 🙂
Looks like an awesome year for you! Blogging for just over a year means that I can look back at 2015 through the lens of blog posts and really see what’s happened and changed, and it’s just amazing to me. I feel like a completely different person than I was one year ago, even six months ago – or three! In 2016 I plan to run my first marathon, keep up with blogging and hopefully grow and expand into new partnership and community opportunities, and maintain and strengthen relationships with family, friends, and even someone who hasn’t quite made it onto my blog just yet 🙂 Happy New Year!!
Well, Alyssa! You’ve got some BIG plans for next year! Totally cool about the marathon and new person in your life. I look forward to learning more!! 🙂 AND YAY for looking back on all the things you’ve done via your posts. Good work!
WOW- what a year! I hope 2016 is just as exciting for you! Happy New Year 🙂
Hi Jen! Right back at ya, lady! 🙂
What a full year you’ve lived! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. It’s also nice to hear about how you’re thriving outside of the city when I know you love SF as much as I do. Can’t wait to hear what 2016 brings you!
To answer one of your questions, I am most looking forward to finally starting my flower delivery service in 2016!
Hi Miquila! Starting up a new business next year? That’s awesome! Best of luck to you! Thank you so much for reading and saying hi. 🙂 And YES, I love the city, but ‘burb life has its perks too. Happy NYE!
Aw, dogs are the best. Getting my dog was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Glad you had such an amazing 2015! What I’m looking forward to most in 2016: seeing how far I can grow and how far I can take my life and my blog/business. I did more than I ever thought I would in 2015, and I’m hoping I make just as big of leaps in 2016. Onward and upward!
With how hard you work, you will have an awesome 2016, I’m sure of it, Beth! So glad we’ve met. And YAY for doggies! Happy NYE! 🙂
Looks like you’ve had an awesome year! If you host another bay area meetup anytime before mid-April and it happens to be on a weekend…LET ME KNOWWW. I’ll actually be able to go! *-*!!!
YES!! We MUST meet up. Maybe you can come take one of my classes soon! Happy NYE!
I have loved getting to “know” you better this year. Maybe we can ross paths in 2016! Happy New Year!
P.S. The Hawks are totally going to beat Golden State this year. Kidding… but maybe next… 😉
HA! No way! Go Warriors!!!! 🙂 Happy New Year, Laura!
You had such a busy and fun year, Ashley! I hope 2016 is filled with even more wonderful memories for you!! xo
Thank you so much, Sarah! Right back at ya!! 🙂
Glad to read your 2015. Wish 2016 will bring something more amazing for you. I want to write something like this. My past year wasn’t fit for me… 🙁
I wish good things for your 2016 too! 🙂
You’ve had a fantastic year, Ashley! It was great connecting with you! Here’s to an epic 2016!
Me too! And you too!! Welcome to the West!!
I hope over 2016 we will get to connect even more. You seem like such a lovely, kind human being. Wishing you all the best as we enter into this new year. 🙂
Oh my gosh, thank you for the sweet words, Julia. Right back at you!! Looking forward to connecting more. 🙂
2015 was a great year! I love, love, love your blog! Can’t wait to hear about all the new things you’re going to be sharing for 2016! Most memorable event for 2015 has definitely got to be moving twice, one move of course being to Japan. Accomplishments for 2015, I attended AIM 1 for BODYPUMP and had an outstanding experience. Hopefully there will be an opportunity someday for an AIM 2. Not sure if it will be in Japan or in a couple years when we get back to the States. I am most looking forward to 2016 being the year we really get out and explore Japan and some other countries nearby. I love to travel and hopefully we can do some traveling! Happy New Year!
Hi Melissa! I think it’s so awesome your family has the opportunity to live abroad, and I definitely hope you take advantage of it! Nice work on AIM! Pursuing advanced trainings for Les Mills is not easy, but always worth it!