Happy Wednesday, party people! First, let’s get it out of the way — Go Warriors! I wore my Golden State Warriors jersey to teach BODYPUMP last night before heading to a viewing party, and the excitement was high in class — good thing, because we won!! What a game! I can’t even begin to explain how amazing it is that the Warriors are the NBA Champs. I’m so proud of Dave for all of his work this season, and I’m also proud of all of the other Warriors employees and friends, who deserve this title more than anyone. This is beyond amazing. Celebrations aside, today, it’s all about blogging and food. (But yes, more celebrations to come!)
Speaking at IDEA BlogFest in Southern California
I’m really excited to announce that I’m not only attending BlogFest at the IDEA World Fitness Convention in late July in Southern California, but I’ve also been asked to speak at the event as a presenter.
While I attended plenty of “work conferences” when I was in the public relations world years ago in Orlando, this is my first official “work conference” as a blogger and a fitness professional. I’ll be part of the Lightning Round, presenting some tips on blogging, with a fitness spin. (As luck would have it, I was asked to join the line-up of presenters late-in-the-game when another speaker fell through. Not a problem, as I’m eager to jump in and was interested in attending anyhow.) I’m currently putting together my presentation and would love to hear from you bloggers out there on some things you’d like to learn about, so please let me know in the comments below.
Join the fun with me at IDEA BlogFest next month
But what is BlogFest? An awesome four days of healthy-living blogger fun, hosted by none other than the ladies of Sweat Pink and IDEA.
BlogFest is taking place July 16-19 in Los Angeles, and this event brings together more than 150 health and fitness bloggers in one place to enjoy advanced blogging sessions, workouts with popular trainers and access to the IDEA World Fitness Convention. The IDEA World Fitness Convention is one of the largest fitness events in the world and is where the latest and greatest innovations in the fitness world are announced and shared. And BlogFest? A place where as a blogger, you can meet and greet “in real life” with like-minded people who share your passions. To say I’m excited to connect with a ton of bloggers and sweat together … well that’s an understatement. I read the reviews of other bloggers who attended last year and was oh-so-jealous I wasn’t there. But that won’t happen this year!
If you’re interested in attending BlogFest as well, there’s still time to register and you’ll get $140 off the registration price by using the code SPABLOGFEST15. Visit the BlogFest site and sign up today. And I hope to meet you there!
*Please note, because I’m speaking at the event and sharing my story via social media as part of the BlogFest Social Media team, Sweat Pink has provided me with a free conference registration. Thanks, ladies!
Now, it’s time to head into the food pictures …
What I Ate Wednesday
Each Wednesday, I feature a “What I Ate Wednesday” post on A Lady Goes West to give you a glimpse into what a full day of meals looks like for me. This is my real food, captured in real time.
Today, I’m sharing a recap of everything I ate on Monday of this week. Monday was a very healthy day, featuring work and a workout. And luckily, I was able to prepare and eat all of my meals at home throughout the day, while stopping back by my place to play with Rudy (my little maltipoo) and work on the blog as I moved from gym-to-gym.
Breakfast at 7:30 a.m.
Keeping it simple: This is my breakfast most days of the week. A bowl of cold and hearty overnight oats dressed up with a sliced banana. As usual, I prepared a few batches of oats on Sunday to make my morning routine move quickly during the weekdays. I enjoyed this alongside a mug of hot green tea, sweetened with vanilla soy milk and stevia.
Lunch at 12:45 p.m.
Colorful and tasty: A sweet potato a day, keeps the doctor away? Whatever the phrase may be, I do tend to have one sweet potato each day. Here’s a delicious lunch featuring a baked sweet potato covered in cinnamon, roasted brussels sprouts and two fried eggs. How do I cook my sweet potato? In the microwave. I wash it, poke a few holes in it, wrap the potato in a wet paper-towel and cook it for about four minutes on each side. Voila!
Afternoon snack at 5 p.m.
Pre-workout fuel: This was the last CLIF Organic Trail Mix Bar out of the care package I received from the folks at CLIF (which just so happened to make my most recent “Friday Favorites“). I had the bar alongside some fresh pineapple, which was quite the refreshing treat. I’m really enjoying fresh pineapple this week and am working my way through a batch each day. I had this snack before heading off to teach an evening BODYATTACK class, and it was plenty of fuel in my system.
Dinner at 8:30 p.m.
Grilled up right: The grill is an amazing thing. While Dave cooked our teriyaki-chicken on the grill on the patio, I prepared the brown rice and roasted vegetables in the kitchen. This simple dinner is healthy, quick and filling, although perhaps not super photogenic, but I still shared it on Instagram, as I tend to do. I usually have a post-workout protein shake, but because my workout was a later one on this night, I rolled right into dinner within an hour of finishing up.
A creature of habit, after dinner, I took a few chugs of vanilla soy milk straight from the carton and joined Dave and little Rudy on the couch to relax.
That’s the day, right there!
Have a great day, my friends!
Read more daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
- Food pictures from a light and healthy day
- Life lately and a look at all of my meals
- What’s normal to you? (And my daily eats)
- A bit of chatter and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- How you eat beets and a look at a day of food
- What I ate yesterday in the Sunshine State
- A full day of lazy eating from the weekend
- Every thing I ate yesterday in pictures
Questions of the day
What have you been eating a lot lately?
Bloggers, have you ever been to a blogging conference?
If you were going to attend BlogFest, what would you most want to learn from the speakers?