Hey, friends! How are you? Here we are cruising into the weekend before Thanksgiving already.
I’m excited for Thanksgiving, because my momma, my brother (Matthew), and my sister-in-law (Stephanie), will all be coming to visit us to celebrate. Having a real holiday with these people is going to be amazing, because it’s been a while since we had the chance for that. But I’m getting ahead of myself.
This past week, I taught my regular three classes, I worked on creating a new Barbell Strength workout for next week, I had a couple of meetings, I spent a lot of time on Beautycounter, I took Brady to the dentist and swim lessons, I got my COVID booster (I’ve had three friends get COVID quite recently, none of whom live in Charlotte, but it still put a little fear in me, so both Dave and I got our boosters this week), and we even put up a lot of our Christmas decorations. What? Too early?
This weekend, Dave and I are going out to dinner with a big group of our neighborhood friends, we’ve got a kid’s birthday party and a little local adventure for Brady planned. Scenes from everything will be coming to my Instagram.
Let’s do the faves, including one big fave, the Beautycounter Black Friday sale …
It’s the Beautycounter Black Friday sale!
The best time to shop Beautycounter is now!
It’s officially the biggest sale of the year for Beautycounter. And if you’re in need of some makeup or skincare, or if you want to get some gifts, now is the time to do it. I would absolutely love it if you chose to shop with me too.
Here are the sale details:
It’s 15 percent off site-wide (most items, excepts regimens/collections), and free shipping on all orders over $50. It’s a great deal, and oftentimes during these sales, the popular stuff sells out. So I would encourage you to shop early.
As a reminder: everything from Beautycounter is nontoxic, made from safe and tested ingredients, and all the packaging is done as sustainably as possible too. Your purchases support the clean beauty movement and me. Also, if you’ve NEVER ordered from Beautycounter before, use the code CLEANFORALL20 at check-out, and you’ll get 20 percent off, instead of 15.
Here’s my giveaway:
I’m offering a personal giveaway to anyone who shops with me. If you shop through this link, or if you choose the “Black Friday 2021” pop-up at check-out, you’ll be entered to win. I’ll be choosing one lucky winner to receive a full-size holiday gift set. While the sale goes through November 28, my personal giveaway will close on November 24.
Here are some of the best items to grab on sale:
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisturizer – the perfect daily moisturizer (day or night)
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel – an exfoliator, a pore-size reducer and so much more
- All Bright C Serum – this totally promotes youthful, glowing skin and improves dark spots
- Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation – I wear Medium 310, it’s great buildable coverage
- Beyond Gloss – I love the shimmer colors the best, especially Amber Shimmer
- Sheer Genius Lip Conditioner – beautiful and moisturizing sheer colors, especially Twig
- #1 Brightening Facial Oil – multi-use product to moisturize and improve skin’s brightness
- Holiday gift sets – I highly recommend the Mini Beyond Gloss Vault and Smooth and Bright Duo, which features a brand new mask product
I’ve written a few posts that may also be helpful for you, if you’re shopping for the first time. But when in doubt, just reach out to me, and I’ll help you choose the perfect products. Send me a DM on Instagram or an email for assistance.
Here are the helpful posts:
- Must-have Beautycounter products and how to get started with Beautycounter
- The five best Beautycounter products for aging skin and fine lines
- The best Beautycounter holiday gifts for 2021
As always, I know there are plenty of options for your skincare and makeup needs, and I truly appreciate you choosing Beautycounter. Happy shopping, friends! 🙂 xoxo
Going to a basketball game in Charlotte
Every once in a while I think about where we were last year at this same time. What we were doing. What we were thinking. What we were feeling. It was a lot of stuff. And much of it was not good. My dad was very sick in Florida. We were planning a cross-country move during a pandemic. We were dealing with the fear and unknowns of COVID in the world. We were stressed beyond belief with life. We were so unsure of so many things. Everything was closed around us in California, so we were also secluded and constantly at home. It was so much.
I feel like I’ve been mentioning it often lately how much better things are for us now in Charlotte, but I truly mean it. And some activities remind me of that a lot.
For instance, this past weekend, Dave and I went to see the Warriors play the home-town Charlotte Hornets at the Spectrum Center. And being back in the basketball world after so much time away, brought back so many memories of our life in California (pre-pandemic). Dave was gone so many nights for so long with his job at the Warriors, and it was something that neither of us was a fan of. These days, Dave is home most nights, and we absolutely love having him around more.
But back to the game, it was a great time hanging out with Dave and seeing some live basketball. We chatted with some people Dave knows who work for the Hornets. We saw some friends who also moved from California, who were also at the game. We ate pretzels and chicken fingers for dinner (I know, not my top choice, but you do what you have to do, and I also ate a Quest bar, which I smuggled in my purse just in case and was so happy to have to round out my game meal).
Fun fact: Dave and I had never gone to a basketball game as fans together over the 12 seasons he worked for the NBA, so this was a big first for us. The Spectrum Center was pretty nice, and I definitely see us going to another game there. Also, we were home by 10 p.m., and Brady had fun with his babysitter, so everybody was pleased.
A long overdue deep-tissue massage
I’m pretty sure I hadn’t had a massage since late 2019, so that would be two years. Wow. Dave bought me a gift certificate for an 80-minute deep-tissue massage at The Ballantyne Hotel Spa near us, and I finally went last weekend. It was awesome.
I had my massage therapist work out some tight spots on my shoulders/neck and hips, and boy was I sore after, but in the best way. I also used the sauna and steam room while I was there and totally indulged in some chill self-care. It was great to be in the spa setting again, and now I want to go back for more.
This part needs a bit of a disclaimer.
This section of the post is where I share all the workouts I did the previous week. I want to remind you that I do more than the average person, because I’m a group fitness instructor, and it’s part of my job.
Your personal workout week should work with your lifestyle, be diverse and leave you feeling energized. It doesn’t need to look like mine or anyone else’s. It’s yours.
And in order to stay injury free, you should pay attention to the gear you use during your workout. Are you wearing the right shoes? Check out this post to find out … “How to choose the right athletic shoe for your workouts.”
- Monday: Taught 1-hour full-body barbell class at Life Time, 9:45 a.m.
- Tuesday: Taught 1-hour barre class with light weights at Life Time, 9:45 a.m.
- Wednesday: Solo 45-minute lower-body weights workout, 9:45 a.m.
- Thursday: Taught 45-minute full-body weights/cardio class at Life Time, 10 a.m.
- Friday: Taught two 45-minute barre classes with light weights at Life Time, 10 a.m.
- Saturday: Took 45-minute lower-body weights class at Life Time, 8:30 a.m.
- Sunday: Rest day
This past week of workouts had some extra classes, because I subbed two barre classes in a row on Friday for another instructor. That meant I didn’t fit in hot yoga, but I will be back to it this week. I did take a rest day and I did do my own workout, so it’s all good. I’m proud of myself for keeping up with my own workouts once a week for three weeks in a row, and I hope to keep that up even longer.
Here’s the workout I did on my own in the gym …
A Lady Goes West favorite products
There are certain brands that I swear by in my own life, and so I like to share them with you. If you choose to try them too, and if you use my links or promo codes, you will be supporting me. Thanks for that!
- Carbon38. I’m always wearing stuff from here, and it’s the coolest activewear around. Get 15 percent off your first two orders of $100 or more using the code ASHLEYPITT.
- G2G protein bars. I love these tasty and minimal-ingredient protein bars. You can get 15 percent off your order on the G2G Bar site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Organifi supplements. This is my go-to protein powder brand. You can get 15 percent off your order on the Organifi site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Beautycounter. The best safe skincare and makeup. Send me a message, and I’ll share a 20 percent off code for your very first order.
- Les Mills On Demand workouts. My favorite fitness brand. You can do a whole month of workouts during a free 30-day trial by using my special referral link here.
A good one from the week …
- Movement. This episode of “The Model Health Show” is all about how to bring real movement back into your life more organically, for you and your family’s well-being. It sounds like a simple topic, but it’s also pretty powerful. I’m all for taking a picnic lunch to the park and running around before and after. Brady loves to do that. The expert interviewed in this episode is Katy Bowman, and she’s a true movement specialist.
Here’s the thought of the week, which I posted to Instagram last week …
A Lady Goes West favorite archives
- Gifts. I loved putting this one together. Hope you find some inspiration for a gift for a guy in your life … “Holiday gift guide for guys for 2021 (gift ideas for him).”
- Reading. I’m currently into a nonfiction book, but ready to head back to fiction. Here are some of the best nonfiction titles I’ve read lately … “The five best nonfiction books I’ve read in the last six months.”
Thank you for coming by A Lady Goes West! Have a fabulous day and weekend, my friends. Be good to yourself out there. 🙂
Questions of the day
How was your week?
What are you up to this weekend?
Have you ever tried Beautycounter?