Hey, friends! So many big things to share today! How was your week?
Mine was good, and it was very busy. I taught my two virtual barre classes, worked, had a Beautycounter meeting to welcome a new team member, got my second vaccine shot (yay!) and even took another live in-person group fitness class, which was super fun. Speaking of the gym, I have more to share on that next week.
As far as my COVID vaccinations, I got the Pfizer shots, and I didn’t have any reactions or symptoms from either, except for a sore upper arm. I know the vaccine is a personal choice, and I was happy to make it. And I truly appreciate all the hard work from many people that went into getting these vaccinations out into the world.
Now, let’s get into the faves …
It’s the Beautycounter semi-annual sale, and I hope you’ll take advantage, especially if you’ve never tried Beautycounter before and have been thinking about giving it a go. Why choose Beautycounter? Because every single product is tested for safety, made with sustainability in mind and works really well. And your purchases through my links support me, this blog and my fam too. And hey, everyone needs skincare. 🙂
Through April 27, you can get 15 percent off site-wide, and if you spend more than $250, you save up to 20 percent off your purchase.
There are some excluded items, including Flawless in Five, the collections/regimens, sunscreens and the newly packaged body products. But even though those items aren’t discounted, they do count toward your $250, to reach the 20 percent-off threshold.
I’m also offering a special giveaway just from me to show my appreciation for shopping with me. Anyone who orders from me during this sale will be entered to win an All Bright C Serum. Shop through this link, and that counts as your entry. I’m also going to be giving away a second item in my clean beauty group on Facebook, so join that group here.
This sale is a great time to stock up on your makeup and skincare needs, but perhaps you’re ready to jump in and try something new too. Remember, you can always send something back within 60 days if it doesn’t work for you.
By the way, the first time I ever ordered anything from Beautycounter was during this same sale three years ago, and look at me now. 🙂
Here are some of my personal favorites on sale …
You can’t go wrong with any of these amazing products.
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel — This is a game-changer. It exfoliates and improves your skin overnight, and you’ll see a difference so quickly. It works for most skin-types.
- All Bright C Serum — I love the smell of this serum, which instantly gives you some glow, and over time, lessens dark spots too.
- No. 1 Brightening Oil — There are so many uses for this moisturizing oil, including for the face, hair, cuticles and more. It smells great, and improves skin’s overall brightness. I like to mix it with my moisturizer sometimes too.
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar — Nothing gets my face as squeaky clean as this multi-use product, which you can also use on your armpits to detox as well.
- Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream — This is the day-time moisturizer from the Countertime line, and it may be my favorite product from the regimen. It has just the right thickness, and it protects my skin all day, as well as hydrates it.
- Clean Deo — Are you using the Clean Deo yet? If not, now’s your chance to grab it at a discount. It’s quickly become my favorite clean deodorant ever, and many of you agree. Plus, it’s refillable.
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer with SPF — This is my go-to daily foundation with SPF and a little bit of coverage for a barely there look, a bit more polished than no makeup.
- Instant Eye Makeup Remover — It’s simply the best, and it’s the only one I use to safely get my eye makeup off each night.
- Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation — To figure out the best shade for you, download the Beautycounter app, click on the Featherweight Foundation product page, and choose “help me find my shade” and the app will work its magic. This foundation has skincare benefits too. I love it.
- Beyond Gloss — I have this on my lips every single day. Clove, Rosewood and Bare Shimmer are my favorite shades and are all universal too.
- Brow Gel — This eyebrow tamer is a total crowd pleaser.
If you have any questions on what may work for your skin, send me an email, and I’d be happy to help. Shop the sale here!
Also, check out these two posts:
- The five best Beautycounter products for aging skin and fine lines
- Must-have Beautycounter products and how to get started with Beautycounter
Les Mills x Reebok Nano sneakers
*I’m a Les Mills partner, but you guys already know that.
I’ve been waiting for a reason to debut these new co-branded Les Mills and Reebok Nano X1 Women’s Trainers, and I finally tried them out in a group fitness setting two times over the last week. They are comfy, and they have the best lateral support of a workout shoe that I’ve felt in a long time. Big fan of that!
These shoes are designed for HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workouts and weight-lifting, meaning they are not a curved running shoe with a lifted toe. They are pretty flat, which feels better for picking up weights (and is technically better for getting proper form while picking up weights too). And of course, they are from Les Mills (and you know Les Mills only puts its name on things that are high quality).
These shoes are “for elite athletes who train hard” according to the description, so they can be put to the test. They are light, yet somehow structured, and they have that comfy float-ride feeling under your feet that we all want to feel. They are also true to size, and I wear my normal shoe size comfortably. Find them here.
New workouts on Les Mills On Demand
With the launch of this shoe, Les Mills also debuted some special-edition Nano Series themed workouts you can only find on Les Mills On Demand, which you can check out on the platform for free using my special 30-day free trial link here.
I actually tried the special Nano Series 3 Les Mills BODYPUMP workout earlier this week, and it had some great music and a very hip vibe. Thanks to Les Mills and Reebok for sending me these awesome sneaks — my feet are very happy with them.
This is also a friendly reminder to change out your sneakers regularly to protect your feet, legs and joints. If you’re wearing the same sneakers for multiple workouts a week, you should be swapping them every three or four months, even if they still look new, because the cushioning can degrade over time and lead to pain and issues. Been there and done that and don’t want to do it again.
Here are last week’s workouts …
- Monday: 45-minute full-body weights via Peloton, 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: Taught 45-minute Barre Burn on Motus, 3 p.m.
- Wednesday: 30-minute bike bootcamp via Peloton, 11 a.m.
- Thursday: Taught 45-minute Barre Burn on Motus, 3 p.m.
- Friday: 1-hour barre class at Life Time Athletic, 10 a.m.
- Saturday: 45-minute legs class at Life Time Athletic, 8:30 a.m.
- Sunday: 15-minute slow flow yoga via Peloton, 5 p.m.
This past week was big, because I went to a live group fitness class in a studio for the first time in more than a year. I’ll share more about all that soon, but we wore masks, the workouts were great, and I loved every second of being in that environment again. Throughout the course of the week, I picked up weights four times, and I’m very good with that. I also had an active recovery/rest day with some super light yoga, so it was a great week of movement. Three cheers for working out away from home!
A Lady Goes West recommended favorite products
I only share what I use and love in my own life, and here are some of the brands I swear by. And when you use my discount codes and links, you support me, so thanks for that …
- Carbon38. The coolest activewear around. Get 15 percent off your first two orders of $100 or more using the code ASHLEYPITT.
- G2G protein bars. I love these tasty and minimal-ingredient protein bars. You can get 15 percent off your order on the G2G Bar site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Organifi superfood supplements. I’m all about the Organifi Complete Plant-Based protein powder. You can get 15 percent off your order on the Organifi site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Four Sigmatic. These superfood coffees and teas are so good — I especially love the Cacao Chill and Lion’s Mane Latte. Get 15 percent off your order with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Les Mills On Demand streaming workouts. My favorite fitness brand. You can do a whole month of workouts during a free 30-day trial by using my special referral link here.
- Les Mills Coach program. You can get 15 percent off a 4-, 8- or 12-week guided coaching and accountability program with the code ASHLEY15.
A few things from around the web
- Lower back pain. Have you ever had lower back pain? Unfortunately, it’s very common and often preventable. This is a great article about how to alleviate that pain and steer clear of it in the future.
- Bathroom cleanliness. There are many things you can’t un-know after reading this article on some of the ways bacteria spread in the bathroom. Yuck — not exactly a “fave,” but helpful info nonetheless.
Here’s the quote of the week from the Calm app …
A Lady Goes West favorite archives
- Meditation. Because this is one of those habits we can all benefit from … “How to start meditating and why you should start.”
- Life coach. I’m so glad I had the experience of working with a life coach last year … “What I’ve learned while working with a life coach.”
Thank you so much for visiting A Lady Goes West today. I appreciate you, my friends. Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Questions of the day
How was your week?
Have you been back to a gym or class yet?
Have you tried Beautycounter yet?