Greetings, my dear friends! I am thankful for YOU! If you are in the U.S., I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday with the people you care about. I did. And I’m extra thankful for being here in Atlanta with my family for a long overdue weekend together — it had been a whole year since we were last all in the same place. And as you can see, our photoshoot went well … 🙂
I’m hoping you have a long weekend to relax after you read this. But I didn’t want to miss a chance to share a few amazing deals that you may want to take advantage of this Black Friday — all from my very favorite brands that I stand behind (shopping from the couch in your pajamas is always the best kind of shopping too). I will be doing some of that too!
Favorite Black Friday deals
Beauty and skincare
The Beautycounter clean beauty sale is still going strong through the weekend, and there’s going to be a big Cyber Monday deal too. If you want to hear about that, sign up for my Beautycounter email list.
I’d recommend getting your hands on the holiday gift sets for sure. And here are a few of my favorite products, which I use all the time …
- Color Intense Lipstick — Such a beautiful lip product to wear when you want some color. The shades I wear most include: 9 to 5, Beautycounter Red and Brunch.
- Lip Gloss — Once again, you can’t go wrong. I usually wear Buff or Bellini. It’s not sticky either.
- Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation — A liquid foundation with medium to full coverage, which I love. I wear it maybe 1 to 2 times a week and wear the Linen shade.
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer — A liquid foundation with minimal coverage, with SPF 20 built in. I wear this almost every day and wear shade 2.
- Retractable Foundation Brush — This retractable foundation brush is life. How did I ever apply my foundation without it?
- Starlight Eyeshadow Palette — There are so many great colors, but this one is super festive for the season.
- Counter+ Charcoal Facial Mask — This is a great weekly treatment for most skin types, which exfoliates, detoxifies and helps minimize pores. And if you watch my Instagram stories, you know I like to do my mask on Friday nights with a cold glass of Chardonnay.
- Counter+ Overnight Resurfacing Peel — Once again, a 2-3 times a week treatment for most skin types. It helps reduce pores, fix dullness and uneven skin tone too. And it tingles.
- Counter+ Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm — This is perhaps my favorite Beautycounter product, which can do basically everything. I have it in my bag now to cleanse and moisturize. My favorite use is to put it on as an overnight mask.
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar — Nothing gets your face as squeaky clean as this. It lasts forever too, and I usually suggest it to almost everyone.
- Mini Lip Gloss Vault — The cutest ever.
- The Jellies — Also the cutest ever.
- Glow & Go Mini Oils — Oils do wonders for your skin. I love to put the Brightening Facial Oil on under my makeup for a fresh look.
- Counter+ Skincare Favorites — The best gift set to get someone started with Beautycounter.
Also, to show appreciation to you for shopping with me and supporting my business, everyone who orders more than $100 worth of Beautycounter during this sale by Saturday, November 30, will be entered to win one of the holiday sets — as a little thank-you from me to you. I’m also going to send out a little something to anyone who spends more than $200. Thank you to everyone has purchased so far.
Here’s my direct link to shop for this sale.
Food and Supplements
You know my love for Organifi products is quite strong! Organifi is a super high-quality supplement brand I’ve become obsessed with this year.
My two favorite Organifi products are the GOLD powder (which I drink every night with warmed-up alternative milk to help with sleep and relaxation), and I’ve told you about it before several times.
My next favorite product is the Complete Chocolate Plant-Based Protein Powder (which I mix with water and drink after tough workouts). It is literally the best-tasting protein powder I’ve ever had, and I would highly recommend it for your protein powder needs. (I get that question a lot, and I had always wavered between a few brands, but now I have a number-one to share.)
And for Black Friday, on November 29 and 30, you can get 20 percent off your order on the Organifi site with my special referral link here to apply your discount.
And for Cyber Monday, Organifi is offering free shipping too. If you miss the Black Friday sale, you can use the code ALADYGOESWEST to get 15 percent off any time, including Cyber Monday.
Liquid IV sale
I love these super-hydrating stick packs and even brought some on our trip. You can get 30 percent off all Liquid IV hydration products using this special referral link until December 3.
If you miss the Black Friday deal, you can use the code ALADYGOESWEST to get 20 percent off and free shipping any other time.
The best clothing sales
DSW. Where I get most of my everyday shoes. You can get 30 percent off with the code BIGTHANKS.
Athleta. I don’t know why I never realized how great the activewear is at Athleta until recently. I’ve been loving all my Athleta items. Especially these leggings. Use the code LAYERUP for 20 percent off.
Weekly workout recap
And now for the regular current favorites content, here are my workouts from last week …
- Monday: 30 minutes of BODYPUMP, 15 minutes of BODYATTACK, 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 30-minute CXWORX, 10 a.m., taught 45-minute BODYATTACK, 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday: 15 minutes of weights, taught 1-hour barre, 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday: Taught 1-hour-barre, 12 p.m., 15 minutes of BODYPUMP, 5 p.m.
- Friday: 45-minute SoulCycle, 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday: 1-hour BODYATTACK, 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday: 30-minute GRIT Strength, 1:30 p.m.
Where’s the rest day? This past week of workouts was full. Although there was no real “rest day,” I took it super easy in the 45-minute SoulCycle class I attended with a friend, because I knew I had a tough workout the next day. I’m planning to take multiple days off this week for travel and Thanksgiving (already took two full rest days with perhaps two more), so it was okay to fit some extra sessions in this one time. I picked up weights quite a bit, so I’m feeling good about that and certain that I’ll have plenty of rest over the holiday for my muscles and body to recover and rebuild.
A few things from around the web …
- Enough. This podcast episode from the “Goal Digger Podcast” hit home with me! It’s all about figuring out what is enough for you in your business when you work for yourself. It’s not about hustling 24/7, but finding a true fulfilled balance so you can enjoy life. I love it.
- Leftovers pizza. Totally strange idea, but perhaps inspired. How about making a pizza with your Thanksgiving leftovers? Here are some tips on how to do it.
Here’s the quote of the week from my morning meditations … and it’s a GOOD one!
A Lady Goes West favorite archives
- Working for yourself. This post is a reader request, and it’s more than 3,000 words and full of a lot of life lessons I’ve picked up along the way … “What I’ve learned from three years of working for myself (and what you may want to know about working for yourself).”
- My Amazon shopping cart. Because it’s always fun to see what other people are buying and using … “My top 10 Amazon Prime purchases I order over and over again.”
Thank you for coming by the blog today, my friends! I truly appreciate your presence, perhaps more than you know. Be good, rest up and enjoy your weekend. We’ll be heading back to the Bay on Sunday afternoon, and I’ll catch up with you again very soon! 🙂 xoxo
Questions of the day
Did you celebrate Thanksgiving?
Are you an in-person or online shopper?
What are you excited for this weekend?