Happy Friday, indeed! Hello, my friends! After two weekends-in-a-row away, Dave and I will be staying in the Bay Area this weekend. That means, as usual, this morning I’m teaching BODYATTACK, working and hopefully fitting in some yoga at home, as well as a visit to the grocery store.
As for the rest of the weekend? Big plans on the agenda tonight call for a casual sushi dinner and perhaps giving Rudy a bath. Tomorrow, Dave will be golfing in a tournament, and I have plans to go on a hike with some girlfriends. Other than that, we’ll be hanging out with our puppy and enjoying some free time. The countdown is on for our Hawaii trip in less than two weeks. Now, let’s get to business …
My latest “Friday Favorites” of the week
On Fridays, we don’t want to have to think too hard, so these random and unrelated favorites are the way to go. Plus, they get to live on the blog all weekend, and they occasionally include a chance to win stuff …
My favorite surprise fitness delivery and A GIVEAWAY
I love to offer giveaways on A Lady Goes West so all of you lovely readers get a chance to win. Well sometimes I win giveaways too. A couple of weeks after IDEA BlogFest with Sweat Pink, I received an email that I had been one of a few bloggers chosen to win a giveaway from the Merrithew company. My big fitness prize package came in the mail this week, and the folks at Merrithew agreed to let me give away a similar prize package to you.
Merrithew was a sponsor of BlogFest, and not only did they provide a “Tweet break” between our sessions, but they also gave us some takeaway loot and told us about their fitness programs like STOTT Pilates.
I did a little research, and it seems that Merrithew began as a Toronto-based Pilates studio and has branched out into an international brand offering fitness-class curriculum, instructor training and of course, equipment. While I haven’t been lucky enough to take their classes, I did get to hear about them at BlogFest, and I’d love to experience them first-hand one day. As for the equipment? Seems pretty high-quality on first glance.
Now for that giveaway. One lucky winner will win a prize package, valued at around $150, featuring the following items:
- Folding Travel Mat
- Fitness Circle Flex
- 18-inch Soft Density Foam Roller
- Flex Massage Stick
- Eco Mat for Kids
To enter this giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post. For every comment, you get one entry in the giveaway. Here are all the things you can comment about …
- You can tell me what you’re up to this weekend.
- You can tell me what piece of equipment you most need and why.
- You can tell me if you follow A Lady Goes West on Facebook.
- You can tell me if you follow A Lady Goes West on Instagram.
- And finally, you can tell me if you follow Merrithew on Twitter or Instagram.
This giveaway is open to readers in the Continental U.S. and Canada and will close on Monday night.
My favorite convenient snack of the week
True story: I broke into my first ever nut-butter packet last week. I had never used a convenient nut-butter packet and always relied on digging into a jar. Well thanks to my gift bag and swag from IDEA BlogFest with Sweat Pink in LA last month, I came home with quite a few nut-butter samples.
These Wild Friends packets are portable and oh-so-good — every single flavor. While I tend to choose almond butter as my favorite, the sunflower butter and peanut butter are delicious too.
These packets have just under 200 calories, so paired with some fruit they make the perfect snack. So far I’ve had packets with bananas once and with apples a few times (which you would have seen in my latest “What I Ate Wednesday“). I’ve also added the nut-butter to rice cakes. The best part? These puppies travel well and made the trip to Monterey last weekend. (Please note: An honorable mention goes to Barney Butter packets as well, which were also in my gift bag, but those were consumed and un-pictured.) Looks like Wild Friends is available at most grocery stores, including Sprouts and Whole Foods, so check them out.
My favorite furry traveling partner
As a newly converted “dog person,” I was so incredibly happy to be able to bring our puppy Rudy along with us on our two most-recent weekend trips. Rudy has now been on a plane, on a boat, in a convertible, in a hotel, walked along a pier in Monterey and been into Starbucks, and he’s only six-months-old.
Sadly, the Rudster won’t be making the trip with us to Hawaii, but we’ll be sure to bring him back a souvenir. I mean, that little face …
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week? Here’s what happened …
- My workouts and food — Meal planning and my weekly workout recap
- Travel recap — Stunning views and good times in Monterey
- Food pictures — Because we all like to look at pictures of food
- Group fitness — Les Mills BODYATTACK 89 review
Here are a couple of other links I really enjoyed reading …
- “Four Motivating Fitness Babes to Follow on Instagram” written by my friend and beautiful fellow-blogger, Bethann, who was so nice to include me, as well as three other gorgeous and talented ladies.
- “Ask a Nutritionist – Six of Our Burning Nutrition Questions” on LaurenConrad.com, which is a site I love to peruse. There are so many nutrition articles out there, including one that I shared a couple of weeks ago, but this one really hits a few good points. No soy? Hmmm, guess I need to think about that.
Enter to win the big fitness giveaway
Don’t forget to leave a comment on this post for your chance to win the Merrithew prize package shown above! Good luck!
I hope your weekend includes tasty food and fun, my friends! I’ll be in touch over the ‘gram, and see you back here on Monday morning!
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
- Fashion, food and a giveaway
- Events, surprises and a puppy
- Good stuff and a giveaway
- Bling, crunch and pet goods
- Fitness, fashion and food
- Health, food and grooming
- A case, sneaks and smoothies
- Tasty stuff and a giveaway
- Snacks, gold, clothes and more
- A healthy giveaway and more
*Please note: While this post is not sponsored, there are affiliate links included. Thanks for your support!
Questions of the day
What are you up to this weekend?
What’s something new you’ve been loving lately?