Happy Friday, friends! We’ve almost made it to the end of another work-week. This time next week, I’ll be waking up in Florida. But today, it’s all business. I’m teaching my usual morning BODYATTACK class, working and then resting as much as I can (outside of watching the Warriors’ game). Tomorrow, I’ll be up super early to head to the Les Mills Super Q event, which will be taking place all day long. As of now, I’m signed up to take more than six hours of fabulous new Les Mills group fitness classes, so I need all the down-time I can get before that happens tomorrow. The remainder of the weekend should be pretty low-key, seeing as I’ll likely be wiped out. However, Dave and I do have reservations at a nice restaurant tomorrow night in case I can muster up enough energy to shower and put on make-up. Here’s hoping!
So let’s just jump right into today’s line-up of “Friday Favorites,” which is a weekly opportunity for me to select a few unrelated items and talk about them. Because that’s about all we have the mental capacity for come Friday. Right?
My favorite new t-shirt
Go Golden State Warriors! And that’s pretty much all I have to say about that. I woke up on Thursday morning to this lovely shirt sitting near my computer. Dave had been working late at a playoff game on Wednesday night and must have had a chance to visit the retail shop. How sweet!
Love my new tee! Even though Dave has been working for the Warriors for nearly three years, I’ve never had as much team gear as I did when he worked for the Orlando Magic. But this tee is on-point. And yes, I plan to wear it throughout playoffs and into the off-season, proudly displaying my fan-dom.
My favorite healthy treat
You know, you can’t always get what you’re looking for at the grocery store. I really like having covered dates on-hand as a little healthy treat for a sweet bite during the week. However, the Safeway where I shop in our neighborhood has been out of anything like that for what seems like forever. That was until this last trip, when I found an upgraded version of my usual purchase …
Here’s a look at these “Caramel Naturel” beauties (not a typo, they are called Naturel), as well as a picture you may have seen pop up in my most-recent “What I Ate Wednesday” post, in which I topped both types of dates with some decadent Reese’s spread and paired it with some soy milk. Super yummy.
I mean, these Caramel Naturel Variety Date – Date Almond Rolls and Date Coconut Rolls With Almond are darn good. So tasty. So fresh. Made in California. And Dave and I have gone through nearly both of these tubs in just a few days. Let’s hope they are in stock again soon.
My favorite thing about my bedroom
Granted, Dave and I have been in our new place for a full three months now, but I’m still giddy over the fact that we have so much more space than we did in our little 550-square-foot Nob Hill shoebox (which was lovely, by the way). I mean, my closet …
No, this is not exactly a celebrity-walk-in-style-closet with fresh fruit arrangements and a chair, but it’s a step up for me. It’s all mine, all of my stuff fits, and that’s awesome. There is also a little window, room for my big gym bag, our hamper and my jewelry organizer. What more could a girl ask for? I was not able to buy anything new when we lived in the city because we were so stuffed to capacity, but not anymore! Oh and that house tour I promised … it’s on the list, so stay tuned.
My favorite recovery tool
How could it be that the RumbleRoller has never actually made in onto my “Friday Favorites”? What a travesty! But that changes today. Several months ago, I had the chance to create a “How to foam roll post” using a beautiful RumbleRoller and even give one away to a reader. The sweet mom-to-be, Becky, was the winner of that giveaway. Since having my RumbleRoller (which by the way, was given to me gratis), I spend a few minutes working through muscle knots and fascia tension about four times-a-week, before I work out and sometimes after.
This puppy is serious business and it actually gives me bruises if I work on it too hard. Therefore, I have to be careful over the next week not to get banged up, seeing as I will be wearing cocktail dresses and a bridesmaid’s dress in Florida and just don’t have time for unsightly purple marks. Nonetheless, if you’re in the market for a foam roller, get this one, because it totally works. (And find more tips on how to foam roll here.)
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss out on some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week?
- Fun and sweat — My fun weekend and my weekly workouts
- Vacations — How to stay healthy while you travel
- Life updates and my eats — A bit of chatter and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Talking fitness — Everything you need to know about Orangetheory Fitness
I hope you have a wonderful Friday and weekend, my friends! Make sure to follow me on Instagram to see some fun Les Mills event pictures.
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
Wow! I’ve really done a lot of these posts. We’re way over a year in!
Questions of the day
What’s on your list of favorites this week?
What are you up to this weekend?
Do you ever use a foam roller?