Welcome to the last day of 2014! It’s Wednesday, which around here, means we talk about food. But before we get to that, I wanted to share some blogging insight into A Lady Goes West to wrap up the year. In case you missed it, yesterday I put together A look back at all the happenings of 2014, which covered all the highlights of my year since blogging, but today we’re getting into more details about the back-end of the site.
Shown above from top left to right: Me taking a selfie after teaching an early morning BODYPUMP class, my peer group of BODYATTACK instructors leaping in the air after finishing a hard day of advanced training, a look at my healthy grocery haul and Dave and me at the airport on one of our many cross-country trips.
Top 10 posts on A Lady Goes West in 2014
These are the most popular posts that have been clicked on throughout the year, and most of these have something in common.
- BODYPUMP 101 overview and tips for first timers
- CXWORX 101 overview and tips for first timers
- BODYATTACK 85 class review
- How to learn Les Mills choreography
- BODYPUMP 91 class review
- Frozen Greek yogurt bark experiment
- BODYPUMP 90 class review
- BODYATTACK 86 class review
- ClassPass launches in San Francisco
- A full day of eating in pictures
And for some more details …
A Lady Goes West 2014 reader and site stats
- 249 blog posts
- Approximately 5 posts per week
- Readers located in 153 countries, with most based in the U.S., Canada and Australia
- Top blog referring sites: Facebook, Bloglovin’ and Twitter
It’s pretty cool to be able to access my stats and see where you’re all coming from and what you’re clicking on. It will definitely help me as I plan out what’s going to show up on A Lady Goes West in 2015. I can assure you, it won’t be all about group fitness though, because even though I love it, I have a whole lot more to talk about than that.
Now, let’s get to the regularly scheduled programming for this fine Wednesday …
Why “What I Ate Wednesday”?
I want to take a minute to explain the purpose of these weekly “What I Ate Wednesday” posts. “What I Ate Wednesday” is something that many bloggers participate in each week to share their eats with the world. While it may seem silly, I know I love to look at the foods that other people eat, both for inspiration and just out of curiosity, and I’d imagine many of you feel the same. I only post my full day of meals once every seven days, and most of the time it’s from the same day of the week, so the meals are fairly similar. However, I live a normal life outside of my healthy weekdays, which means my weekends usually have a lot more variety, especially when I’m out exploring all the great restaurants that San Francisco has to offer. A lot of times, I’ll talk about other things on Wednesdays along with the food, and that’s just to keep it interesting, but the main point of the day is always showcasing my food. I’ve enjoyed sharing “What I Ate Wednesday” posts and will keep them going for as long as you guys like reading them. Sound good?
Today’s recap is from Monday. It was my first official day back to fully healthy eating after a wonderful week away in Florida complete with daily indulgences like a lot of wine and super decadent desserts. That being said, I was actually pretty glad to be consuming some basic foods, because my body was craving them. Here’s how it looked …
Breakfast at 8 a.m.
I was very happy to wake up and dig into some vanilla protein overnight oats topped with a banana. As always, I enjoyed this bowl of goodness with some black tea sweetened with almond milk and stevia.
Lunch at noon
Tea at 1 p.m.
Afternoon snack at 4 p.m.
Tasty bar alert! This was my first time trying this healthy nutrition bar by Zing. Dave gave me a bunch of fun bars like this as a stocking stuffer, and I think I enjoyed this one the most. Ten grams of protein and about 200 calories makes a good pre-workout snack for me.
Beverages during BODYATTACK class at 5:30 p.m.
During one hour of teaching a high-impact cardio class like BODYATTACK, I downed this bottle of water and this small bottle of coconut water. Yet, somehow I still ended the class dehydrated. That’s a lot of sweating going on, my friends.
Post-class protein at 6:30 p.m.
Sadly, I’m nearing the end of my big bag of vanilla-flavored Les Mills Good Protein powder. I froze this shake about an hour before leaving for class, pulled it out, stashed it in my bag and then drank it on the way home after it defrosted. Slushy protein shakes are the best.
Dinner at 8 p.m.
A heaping of spaghetti squash covered in Sockaroonie pasta sauce, with sauteed spinach and three store-bought frozen meatballs. I must say, this is my first time preparing squash that ended up so mushy. Not sure what I did there, but I definitely prefer it to be less wet.
Dinner was followed up by some almond milk. And that’s that! This day of eating had a lot of color, and for the first time in many days did not feature any dessert or wine. But champagne? Now I hope I have some of that in my future tonight.
Alright guys, maybe you have the day off of work or you have some freedom from your usual responsibilities today? Whatever it is that you’re doing, I hope you have fun. Here’s to ringing in a great 2015 …
More pictures of food
By the way “What I Ate Wednesday” is an official blog link-up party, hosted each week by Peas and Crayons. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
Questions of the day
Big plans tonight or for tomorrow? What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately? What are post topics that you’d like to see more of on A Lady Goes West? Bloggers out there, what was your top post of the year about?