Hi, friend! How are you? I hope you had a nice weekend! We sure did. I’m so excited to be in the midst of the fun of December, and we had a blast at a holiday gala over the weekend.
Today, I’m sharing with you a holiday gift guide featuring the best health and wellness gifts for 2022, and these gifts are perfect for a friend or loved one who is into their health, wellness or fitness routine.
And in case you missed them, here are the other guides I’ve shared for 2022:
Now, let’s get to the health and wellness gifts …
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and while the price of the item is not altered, I do receive a small commission from your purchases, when you shop through my links. Thank you for the support of A Lady Goes West and of me. Happy shopping!
The best health and wellness gifts for 2022
Here we go …
I’ve had a RumbleRoller foam roller for about nine years, and it’s the only foam roller that works for me. I like that it has textured knobs that help to release tension and really get deep into your muscles and fascial structure. If you know a fitness friend who’s been using a regular foam roller made of foam, once they upgrade to this incredible device, they’ll never go back. This one is not for the faint of heart, and it takes some getting used to, and it works so well. Shop the RumbleRoller foam roller here.
You know I had to include Les Mills Smart Tech equipment on my list of the best health and wellness gifts, because Les Mills makes the very best weights, barbell and step set-up you can purchase to use at home. Yes, you can spend a fraction of the price on some cheaper stuff from Amazon, but you cannot get the quality that you get with Les Mills, nor the function, because it’s just better. I’ve been using my Les Mills Smartbar for lifting weights at home for almost nine years, and it’s still in perfect working condition. I also love the Les Mills Smartbands for resistance work. You really can’t go wrong with this gear, and it’s unlike anything else on the market. I’d choose the Les Mills Smartbar and weight-plates set to get started as an amazing gift for someone who is into fitness and wants to up their game. Shop Les Mills Smart Tech equipment here.
Do you know what wellness-focused people enjoy? Working on their wellness. The Five Minute Journal is one of the original gratitude journals designed for writing down your thoughts to help you be more grateful and mindful. The journal also features inspiring quotes, daily prompts and much more. There are some other wellness journals on the market that are great, but The Five Minute Journal is definitely the most well-known, and I think it’s a super thoughtful gift for someone you care about. It also comes in a few colors. Find The Five Minute Journal here.
For someone into fitness, shoes are not an afterthought. I’m constantly reminding my group fitness class members to change out their sneakers every few months to avoid injuries, and I’m also making sure that they aren’t wearing running shoes for barbell/strength workouts. So let’s talk about these NOBULL brand sneakers. All the cool kids have these training sneakers, and you see a lot of them on the fitness floor of my gym here in Charlotte. NOBULL is a brand that’s pretty new to the scene, and they make super-clean-looking shoes with mostly flat bottoms, designed for training or lifting (they also make running shoes, but I can’t speak to those). I like that most of their shoes have a flat bottom, and most of their shoes are built for real performance. These are not street-wear, these are workout shoes. They run true to size, and they have a lot of versatile designs. Good for men or women too. These would make a great gift. Find NOBULL training sneakers here.
The Theragun is the OG brand in the percussive massage gun game. I tried Theragun for the first time at an IDEA World Fitness Convention many years ago. Since that time, I’ve tried a ton of different brands, and Theragun is the best. I even own a different brand, and it’s not as good. Yes, the Theragun is an investment, but it also works so well. It’s a recovery tool, and you can use it on yourself or on someone else. There are a lot of Theragun styles, and they have a few simplified versions that aren’t quite as much as the pro versions. Shop the Theragun Prime percussive massage gun here.
The best yoga mat I’ve ever had was from Lululemon, and it was thick and hearty and made from natural antimicrobial rubber. I carried that mat all over San Francisco going to different studio yoga classes, and the mat always held up. I got rid of it before we moved across the country, and I’ve never owned a mat that I loved as much. If you are shopping for a loved one who works out at home or goes to yoga classes, maybe they need a new mat? Like a really nice mat? A standard mat is probably about 3mm thick, so the 5mm is quite thick — that’s what I had. Also, I love the design and reversible feature of the Lululemon mat. Shop the Lululemon reversible yoga mat here.
*This portion is sponsored by Oral-B iO. I was compensated for this review, but I’m a real fan.
I’ve had an Oral-B iO electric toothbrush for over a year, and it’s the only electric toothbrush I’ve ever enjoyed or been consistent with — in fact, it’s one of the most recommended brushes by dentists. When the Oral-B iO folks reached out to me about a review this year, it was a no-brainer to feature this brush. This toothbrush truly deserves a spot on my list of the best health and wellness gifts, because oral health and teeth health is directly related to your overall wellness. You need to take care of your teeth, and what better way than with a high-tech toothbrush that works with an app, has laser lights and has smart settings to make sure you brush your teeth long enough and use the right brushing mode too? This brush gets your teeth super clean, and it helps promote an overall clean and healthy mouth. That’s real wellness right there. Shop the Oral-B iO toothbrush here.
Health and wellness books
I could write a whole post about the best health and wellness books, and actually, I did, which you can see here: “My top five health and wellness books you should read one day.” If you’re looking for a good gift for someone who is into their wellness lifestyle, I’m guessing they like to read self-development books like I do, so a book makes a great gift. Here are three of my all-time favorites worthy of gifting, as well as an additional crazy-good book that I actually never finished, but plan to one day …
- “Eat Smarter” by Shawn Stevenson: All about good nutrition principles and how food affects your body.
- “Atomic Habits” by James Clear: All about how to create healthy daily habits that lead to big changes in your life.
- “The Body Book” by Cameron Diaz: This book is older, but it’s the most well-rounded health book ever all about creating a real wellness lifestyle.
- “Life Force” by Tony Robbins: This is an incredibly in-depth look at the future of health and wellness through technology-driven treatments. It’s super intense, and I actually didn’t finish it before it went back to the library, but I’d like to one day.
I put this item on my list of the best gifts for women too, but it also fits for this list of the best health and wellness gifts. I’ve seen so many people using this Skinny Confidential brand Hot Mess Ice Roller on social media, and it sounds absolutely pleasant. It’s also pink and comes in a cute box, and it’s a way to de-puff the face and give yourself a little self-care through facial massage and cold therapy. What a cool gift, right? This type of facial care is becoming really popular and mainstream, and this device is a great way to get started with it. Shop the Hot Mess Ice Roller here.
Other ideas for the best health and wellness gifts for 2022
Any of the following would be awesome gifts for health-focused person in your life:
- Wellness/recovery shop gift card. You know what would make a great gift? A gift card or subscription to a wellness/recovery shop like Restore Hyper Wellness or iCryo or the like. At these places, people can get cryotherapy, IV therapy, red-light therapy or any of the other amazing services that a wellness junkie likes to get. I just finished up a package at Restore Hyper Wellness, and I loved it.
- Wearable devices: These devices are good for guys or girls. I know most people who want to track things wear Apple watches, but there’s a new device on the block — the Whoop — and it has way more data than the Apple watch and is all about optimizing your recovery. This could make a great gift for a fitness buff. It’s also a little more understated than an Apple watch, and the supporting app and software is supposed to be far superior. The alternative is the Oura ring, which is also quite popular. This ring has a lot more data than the Apple watch. Both these devices are pricey, but they are certainly something a health-focused person would be interested in.
- Wind-down supplement gift set. I’ve been talking about Organifi products for years, and they are the highest quality you can find. If you want to gift a wellness lover something special, a care package from Organifi is an awesome idea. I love the idea of this treat yourself package with two Organifi gold powders and a frother. The gold powder makes a perfect night-time drink. Use my code ALADYGOESWEST for 15 percent off your Organifi purchases too.
- Massage gift card. I love to get a good deep-tissue massage to soothe my sore muscles and help to get out any kinks or tightness. A massage is always a welcome gift for a health-minded friend who cares about self-care, recovery and, of course, massage.
- Healthy meal delivery service. You know what healthy people really love? Tasty and well-rounded meals. I’ve tried a lot of the healthy meal delivery services, and I think the best ones send you ready-made meals. I enjoyed Daily Harvest for a while (although the meals are small), and I’ve heard excellent things at about Sakara Life too, and SunBasket is always a strong choice.
- Activewear gift card. So many of my workout clothes are from Carbon38, and that site has the most fashionable workout clothing that you can find anywhere. I like the Carbon38 brand the best (they also have other brands on the site). If you don’t know what to get for a fitness-focused loved one, how about a gift card to Carbon38? So much to choose from on the website!
- Hydration device: This is the go-to water cup for staying hydrated all day, and we know people who care about their health are very much into their hydration. And if you’ve opened up Instagram or gone to my gym, you know that many people carry around these huge pastel water cups with straws, called Stanley cups. I actually don’t have one and want one, and I think this particular quencher would make a great gift. I like the white color best.
- Protein bars. Food is always a great stocking stuffer for a wellness-loving person in your life, and these G2G Bars are the tastiest protein bars around to gift. They have 18 grams of protein, minimal ingredients and are super filling. If you’re looking for a solid food gift, how about a few boxes of G2G Bars? Use my code ALADYGOESWEST for 15 percent off on the G2G site here.
And that’ll do it for my gift guide!
Thanks for reading my post about the best health and wellness gifts for 2022. Have a lovely week, and I’ll see you back here soon. Be well, friend! 🙂
Other posts you may like
- The best gifts for women for 2022 (gifts for her)
- The best gifts for men for 2022 (gifts for him)
- Holiday gift guide for ladies for 2021 (gift ideas for her)
- Holiday gift guide for guys for 2021 (gift ideas for him)
Questions of the day for you
Have you done any holiday shopping yet?
What’s on your holiday wish list this year?
What’s the best holiday gift you’ve ever received or given?