Hi, friend! We’re talking about my top performing and most popular blog posts of 2022. And while this may seem like a trivial topic, I think it’s always interesting to see what gets the most traction, and I’m sharing some context about each post on the list.
I write two blog posts a week every week (and I used to write more frequently than that), and sometimes I think a post is going to do well and it doesn’t. And then sometimes I’m surprised by a post that gets a lot of views. Also, there are almost 1,400 published posts on this blog. DANG!
As a blog reader, what you like may not be what performs well and vice versa. I find that my more professional evergreen reviews of fitness programs and wellness topics outperform my more real-time daily life and current faves in the long term, even if those more-polished posts don’t do well immediately upon publishing. But from surveying my readers, I also know that you like to see the real-time daily life happenings and current faves the most. That’s why it’s a hard job for a content creator to please readers and also write posts that ultimately live on past the publish date.
While glancing at this list, if you see a post that you’ve never read, bookmark it and see if you want to give a chance. And as always, thank you for being a reader of this little ol’ blog, it sure means a lot to me. I appreciate you!
A quick note: Not all of these posts were actually written in 2022, in fact, most of my most popular posts are older posts.
I’ll share a little insight on each one, and these are appearing in order of popularity by number of views in 2022 according to my Google Analytics. Here we go …
The 25 most popular blog posts of 2022 on A Lady Goes West
Here are the 25 top performing and most popular blog posts of 2022 on A Lady Goes West …
1. Everything you need to know about the Orangetheory Fitness workout — I wrote this post back in 2015 when I worked as a coach at Orangetheory. The fact that this post was my most popular of the year lets you know that people were most definitely heading back to in-person gyms and studios this year and looking for insight.
2. How to schedule your week of workouts — I wrote this post back in 2020, and I’m so glad that it’s a popular one, because I try to follow my own advice too. The way you schedule your workouts matters.
3. 73 questions — I wrote this post back in 2019, and this is one of those posts that I had no idea would get so many clicks. It’s an interview-style post, and it’s a lot of fun. You should totally ask your friends or significant other these 73 questions, if you never have before.
4. How to modify a BODYPUMP class when you’re pregnant — I wrote this post back in 2017, because not only did I teach Les Mills BODYPUMP while pregnant, but I also took it as a participant. Yes, you can keep working out and doing classes when you’re expecting, but you do have to make some changes. This post still has great advice.
5. Les Mills On Demand vs. Peloton: Everything you need to know — I wrote this post back in 2020, because I was actively using both apps while working out exclusively at home during COVID in California. Even though both apps have changed and developed over the last two years, much of what I said then rings true today.
6. A 20-minute BODYPUMP-inspired full-body barbell workout — I wrote this post back in 2015, and I’m surprised it still get clicks, but people love their BODYPUMP.
7. Five things no one tells you about postpartum exercise — I wrote this post back in 2019, when I was postpartum and discovering some things I wish I had known. I’m glad I got this out there, and I’m happy other women have found it helpful too.
8. What is BODYPUMP: BODYPUMP 101 overview and first-timer tips — I wrote this post back in 2014, and as you can see, Les Mills group fitness (BODYPUMP is a Les Mills workout) has always been bread and butter for this blog. I love the brand, and I love the classes, and I love to write about them.
9. How to become a Les Mills group fitness instructor (and how to prepare for training) — I wrote this post back in 2020 because of questions I had been getting from readers far and wide preparing to become Les Mills instructors. I love this topic, and I attended many Les Mills trainings over the years, so I had a lot to say about it.
10. My experience with a second miscarriage and D&E surgery — I wrote this post in 2022, and it’s the first blog post written this year that made the list. This is the type of post that flows from my fingers. Not because I want to write it, but because I always feel called to share about the hard things, mixed in with the good things. Thanks for letting me do that with this one. Writing is my therapy.
11. My review of the Precision Nutrition level 1 certification program — I wrote this post back in 2020, and I’m so glad I went through this program. I also re-certified for it this year, and it’s a solid foundation for nutrition.
12. How to show appreciation to your favorite group fitness instructors — I wrote this post back in 2018, and that’s because I felt like I wanted to cover it. I’m not saying you owe your instructors anything, I’m just saying if you want to let them know you care, here are a few ways to do it.
13. Everything you need to know about Les Mills workouts and how to get started — I wrote this post back in 2019, and once again, it’s about one of my favorite fitness brands. My blog is one of the best-ranked on the internet when it comes to Les Mills third-party resources, and I’m proud of that.
14. Signs you’re taking a class from a bad group fitness instructor — I wrote this post back in 2015, and even as recently as last week I got a new comment on this post with a question about the topic. I take teaching group fitness very seriously, and I hate to see instructors who don’t do it well. I’m so happy to see this on my list of most popular blog posts of 2022.
15. How to get more out of your Orangetheory Fitness workout — I wrote this post back in 2015, also when I was coach at Orangetheory, and I’m glad people are still liking it. I’m sure plenty has changed at the studio since I’ve been in, but some tips are still relevant.
16. Review of Les Mills Smart Tech equipment and Les Mills Smartbar (and a promo code) — I wrote this post back in 2021, and I’m still over here promoting this equipment, because I love it and use it regularly. It’s the best. And when people use my links in this post, it supports the blog and supports me, and that’s why I keep writing.
17. The best workouts on Les Mills+ (formerly Les Mills On Demand) — I wrote this post back in 2020 and definitely need to update it to add new programs and releases. Nonetheless, all the great workouts I reference are still available to try on Les Mills+ right now.
18. Review of Les Mills GRIT workout class — I wrote this post back in 2020, and I actually did a Les Mills GRIT workout at home for the first time in a year just a couple weeks ago. Dang, it was tough. This workout is so challenging, and I really don’t miss it, but it’s incredibly effective at increasing fitness levels.
19. Review of Les Mills+ streaming workout service (formerly Les Mills On Demand) — I wrote this post back in 2018, and it’s an important post for the blog, because it brings in a lot of readers. Also, I still use Les Mills+.
20. The best gifts for women for 2022 (gifts for her) — I wrote this post just a few weeks ago in 2022, which means it quickly performed very well in order to make this list. That makes me so happy, because I worked hard on it. Did you get anything on the list? Google picked this one up nicely, and that’s always a blogger’s goal, but it doesn’t always happen.
21. My experience with a miscarriage and D&E surgery — I wrote this post last year in 2021, and I can see why people still read it. You never want to feel alone when you’re going through something tough.
22. The creamiest warm almond butter oatmeal bowl — I wrote this post back in 2018, and this is clearly not a food/recipe blog. But this particular recipe is delicious and for some reason, people are still loving it. I need to make it again soon.
23. My experience with the NASM CPT Guided Study Program and passing the NASM exam — I wrote this post back in 2018, and I still get questions from people going through their personal trainer certification with this program. I’m happy I shared about it. Also, I re-certified for this program this year.
24. 25 things you don’t know about me — I wrote this post back in 2014, and it’s so very, very old. But I went back to check my list, and all the items are still true. This is one of those that I have no idea why it’s still popular. It took no time to write and doesn’t seem to be all that valuable either. So who knows?
25. Reader questions answered spring 2022 — This is only the third post from 2022 on my most popular blog posts of 2022 list, and I wrote this post because I felt like doing a Q&A. I am due for another one of these. I love to see this type of post get some views, because it’s more personal than professional for sure.
And those are my 25 top performing and most popular blog posts of 2022 on A Lady Goes West! Were any of them surprising to you? A few of them surprised me.
(I’m wearing this cardigan in a medium in these photos.)
That’ll do it for today! This week is full of holiday fun, and I’ll be over sharing some of that on Instagram stories. Have a fabulous week. And of course, thank you for being here as a reader of A Lady Goes West. I sure do appreciate you!
Questions of the day for you
What are your favorite types of things to read on A Lady Goes West?
How often do you read blogs?
Do you spend more time on social media or on blogs?